Volume 5, Issue 1 (1-2004)                   yafte 2004, 5(1): 35-38 | Back to browse issues page

XML Persian Abstract Print

Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Delfan B, Jabraili R, mardani M, kordi A, niknam H. Dermatological complications of Lipiodol injection in Khorramabad . yafte. 2004; 5 (1) :35-38
URL: http://yafte.lums.ac.ir/article-1-960-en.html
Abstract:   (20239 Views)
Introduction: Complications due to iodine deficiency involve millions of people throughout the world . Suitable ways to restore iodine deficiency are iodized salt and iodized oil , so that one dose of iodized oil can meet iodine deficiency for 3-5 years. The aim of this study was to assess dermatological complications of Lipiodol injection in Khorramabad. Materials and Methods : In this retrospective study dermatological effects due to injection of 0.5-1 ml Lipiodol in 116 patients who referred to Khorramabad dermatology clinic during the second half of the year 1998 , were studied .Data collecting tool was a questionnaire. Findings : From 116 patients 115 were female and one of them was male. About 78% of the skin complications have been occurred one month after the injection and more in the age group of 24-33(43.96%) . 25.8% of the cases had history of allergy to food and drug . 91.3% of the lesions belonged to injection place (hip and arm) and the rest (8.7%) was generalized . Lesions had been mostly started with itching of injecting area and then some erythema rashes and local edema have been added .In some cases edema and erythema involved the body surface completely. Conclusion: According to the present data it can be deduced that skin lesions probable mechanism is delayed hypersensitivity reaction. Thus regarding too less dermatological complications due to Lipiodol injection, this method of iodizing can still be a useful treatment in goiter hyper endemic regions provided considering special arrangements for high risk people .
Full-Text [DOC 84 kb]   (1835 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Research |
Received: 2013/01/5 | Accepted: 2021/06/20 | Published: 2004/01/15

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:

Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

© 2022 CC BY-NC 4.0 | Yafteh

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb